What is a REALTOR® and why should I use one?
Only real estate professionals who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NAR) can call themselves REALTORS®. All REALTORS® adhere to NAR’s strict Code of Ethics, which is based on professionalism and protection of the public. That’s why all real estate licensees are NOT the same.
Dedicated to serving America’s property owners at both local and national levels, the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, The Voice for Real Estate®, is the largest professional association at over one million members strong. So, whether you’re buying or selling a home – it pays to work with a REALTOR®. Look for the REALTOR® logo when choosing your real estate agent.
What types of services do REALTORS® provide?
REALTORS® provide sellers invaluable services, and there are many reasons to work with one. A REALTOR®:
- Can give you up-to-date information about the market, prices, financing, terms and conditions of competing properties.
- Will market your property to other real estate agents and to the public.
- Will know when, where and how to best market your property.
- Can help you objectively evaluate every buyer’s proposal without compromising your marketing position.
- Can help close the sale of your home.
REALTORS® provide critical assistance with the home buying process. A REALTOR®:
- Has many resources to assist you in your home search.
- Can provide objective information about each property.
- Can help you negotiate.
- Can help you determine buying power.
- Provides guidance during the evaluation of the property.
- Can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
The above excerpt was taken from “It Pays to Work with a REALTOR®” brochure.
© 2006 NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®.
All rights reserved. Used with permission.
For more information and/or to order copies of this brochure, go to www.realtor.org/store.